Civil Partnership Solicitors

Contact Atlas Law Solicitors for a confidential no-obligation consultation about your civil partnership. Whether you’re considering entering into a civil partnership or you need advice on legally ending the relationship, our civil partnership solicitors can help.

For a confidential discussion about your Civil Partnership with a Senior Family Solicitor, call us on 0203 875 0969 or fill in the form for a call back.

Free Consultation

100% Confidentiality Guaranteed

Why Choose Our Civil Partnership Services

Exceptionally High Success Rate

Regulated by Solicitors Regulation Authority

Tailored Solution to Your Needs

Thousands of Happy Clients

15+ Years Experience in dealing with Civil Partnerships

Affordable Charges

100% Transparency & Confidentiality

Free Initial Advice

Civil Partnership – What You Need to Know? 

We offer a free consultation over the phone to give you the opportunity to speak with a Senior Family Solicitor, so that you can find out more about the legal process before deciding if you wish to proceed.

According to the Office for National Statistics, in 2016 there were 18.9 million families in the UK. The most common type of family was married or civil partner couple families (12.7 million). However, cohabiting couple families were the fastest growing family type between 1996 and 2016, more than doubling from 1.5 million families to 3.3 million families.

A dispute about a property may not just arise with a former cohabitee but with a friend or relative whom you have purchased a property with. The law and procedure outlined below may apply to you and it would be wise to get legal advice as soon as a dispute arises.

The law relating to disputes between unmarried couples is the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996. There could also potentially be a claim for financial provision for any children under Schedule 1 Children Act 1989.

In relation to property disputes between unmarried couples, disputes often arise where a property is solely owned by one of the people involved. If there is nothing in writing to show that the person who does not legally own the property has an interest in it, it will be necessary to establish various facts. One example is that they contributed to the purchase of the property and there was an intention that they would have an interest.

The types of orders a court can make for financial provision for children include a lump sum or sums, transfer of a property to the child or for it to be held in trust for the benefit of a child or regular payments of child maintenance. The law in the area complicated and you will benefit from receiving early specialist legal advice on your case.

We offer no obligation  free consultation with a specialist Family Solicitor. During this free consultation the solicitor will provide you with legal advice, explain any relevant procedures to you and go through the options available to you.

We are happy to arrange an initial consultation to take place either in the office, by telephone or by video (i.e. Skype, FaceTime or Whatapp video). If your consultation is going to take place via telephone or video, we will ask you to send us your photo ID before the meeting.

For a free confidential discussion about your Civil Partnership with a Senior Family Solicitor, please call us on 0203 875 0969 or fill in the form for a call back.