How Our Lawyers Can Help in Your Spouse Visa?
UK Spouse Visa (5 Years Route) - What You Need to Know?
Spouse Visa Applications Under 5 Years Route:
Following are the various applications for UK spouse visa under 5 years route for which we can provide the required legal help and assistance as your legal representatives:
Entry Clearance As A Spouse
Switching Into Spouse Visa UK (5 Years Route)
Renewal Of UK Spouse Visa (5 Years Route)
In order to successfully qualify for UK spouse visa, also referred to as ‘marriage visa’ you need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Both partners must be of 18 years of age or more.
- Both partners must have met and be legally married
- The couple must intent to live with each other permanently.
- The couple must have sufficient funds to cover their costs of living without claiming public/welfare funds.
- The sponsoring individual must have an annual income of at least £18,600 or have adequate saving to support his or her spouse. In case there are children, the basic income or savings required for the visa becomes higher.
- The couple must have reasonable accommodation for themselves and their dependents.
- The applicant must satisfy the Basic English language requirements set the UKVI.
Proving that you are eligible for a marriage visa requires creating and submitting a lot of documents. At Atlas Law Solicitors, our experienced lawyers help you gather all the necessary documents to expedite the process and help you get a spouse visa as soon as possible.
You can either apply as a fiancé(e) of a British citizen or person with settled status, or you can apply as a partner of a British citizen or a person with settled status. Spouses of British Citizen or person present and settled in the UK under marriage visa category, they will be able to work as soon as a visa is granted. If you meet the spouse visa requirements, the former will only be issued for a 6-month period, after which you would be expected to get married. The latter is valid for 30 months. After 30 months, you will be able to apply for a spouse visa extension of a further 30 months. After the five-year period, you will be eligible to apply for settlement.
Suitability criteria as set out in the Immigration Rules:
In order to be eligible for a spouse visa, you will need to satisfy the following requirements:
- You and your partner must be over the age of 18.
- You must have met each other and be legally married
- Evidence of Genuine and Substituting relationship as a spouse of person present and settled in the UK.
- English Language requirement to show that the applicant has English at CEFR level A1 as required by the UKVI.
- Adequate accommodation for supporting your spouse in the UK without recourse to public funds.
- Financial requirement – Spouse must be earning at least £18,600 gross per year or savings of £62,500 but there is an additional fee if you have children together.
If you are in receipt of one of the following benefits then you do not need to worry about meeting the financial requirement:
- Attendance allowance
- Carer’s allowance
- Disability living allowance
- Personal independence payment
- Armed forces independence payment or guaranteed income payment under the army forces compensation scheme
- Constant attendance allowance, mobility supplement or a war disablement pension
- Severe disablement allowance
- Industrial injury disable benefit
How long is the visa process?
If you apply from within the UK using the premium service centre then the application takes 2 weeks only. There is a possibility that the application can take up to 12 weeks.
How long does a spouse visa last?
If you are applying for fiancé visa, this visa lasts for 6 months, during this time, you would be expected to get married in the UK and switch to a spouse visa. If you apply from outside the UK, your first spouse visa will be issued for 33 months.
For a free confidential discussion about your Spouse Visa application, please call us on 0207 993 8880 or fill in the form for a call back.
- Spouse, Partner, Fiancé, Fiancée or proposed civil partner visas to come with, join or remain with the family in the UK
= £950 (No VAT)
- Extension of Stay as a Spouse = £850 + VAT
- Switching into Spouse Visa =£850 +VAT
- ILR Spouse Visa = £850 + VAT
- ILR – Victim of Domestic Violence = £950 + VAT
- ILR – Bereaved Partner – Bereaved Partner = £950 + VAT
Please note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by the company on your behalf e.g. Home Office fee , IHS etc.