Why Choose Our Services?
Dependants of Points Based System (PBS Dependant Visa) - What You Need to Know?
Every year thousands of migrants come to the UK through the 5 Tier Visa System to work or establish their own business. As many of such migrants intend to live in the UK for a long period of time, they often wish to bring their families along with them. The PBS Dependant Visa is suitable for such family members or dependants who wish to come along the main PBS migrant. To be eligible for a PBS Dependant Visa, the main Point based migrant must be residing in the UK. However, not all PBS dependants can apply for PBS Dependant Visa.
Every year thousands of students apply for student visa to come to the United Kingdom for higher education. At Atlas Law Solicitors, we provide exceptional assistance and guidance to international students applying for a Tier 4 Student Visa.
A dependent or a family member is:
- your husband, wife or civil partner; or
- your unmarried or same-sex partner; or
- your child aged under 18 years old
Your dependent children can be over 18 years old if they are in the UK now as dependents.
In order to qualify as a Points-Based System Migrant (PBS Dependant), the applicant must be the family member of a person who has or is applying for leave under Tier 1, 2 or 5. The child or a person with ILR or British Citizenship who last held leave in Tier 1, 2 or 5 of the PBS and their parent does not qualify for ILR or they last held leave as a PBS Dependant.
In some cases, you can bring your partner or children with you during your stay, but you must show that you have sufficient funds to provide for them. They will be able to apply under a family visa.
If you want our Immigration team to proceed with your dependent of point-based system application or any other immigration application, please contact us so we can explore your options.
There may also be maintenance requirements for dependent applicants; these do depend on the visa held by the main applicant, so it is advisable to consult with our immigration lawyers who can guide you and assess whether you meet the Home Office’s eligibility criteria. Those who are granted a PBS Dependent visa will be granted leave in line with the expiry date of the PBS’s migrant’s leave (except if they were granted ILR)
Why Choose Us?
- At Atlas Law Solicitors, we provide unsurpassed immigration services in an exceptionally professional and efficient manner.
- Many applicants face difficulties in understanding the application process or providing the required documentation.
- Our team can provide you with all the support and guidance you need to successfully acquire with your immigration matter. With our experienced solicitors, who believe in generating positive results for our clients, you have a better chance of a successful application.
For a free confidential discussion about your immigration matter, call us on 0207 993 8880 or fill in the form for a call back.