Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa Application
Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa - What You Need to Know
The first step in the process is for you to request a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Unique Reference Number from the UK Border Agency. This request must state the appropriate Designated Competent Body to endorse the applicant.
There is a limit of 1,000 places on this route. The UK Border Agency will provide you with a Unique Reference Number if there are places available within the limit for the selected Designated Competent Body.
To be eligible for the Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa, you need to apply for an endorsement from the following specially designated and recognised bodies within the United Kingdom, depending on your area of expertise:
- The Royal Society for medical and natural science research applications
- Arts Council England for arts, culture, fashion, film and television applications
- Tech Nation for applications pertaining to digital technology
- The Royal Academy of Engineering for engineering applications
- The British Academy for applications pertaining to humanities and social sciences
Once you successfully get endorsed by any of the aforementioned bodies, you can submit your application for a Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa along with the following documents:
- Current valid passport,
- Passport-sized photograph,
- Letter of endorsement from a designated body,
- Medical test report for Tuberculosis.
The validity of Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa is 5 years and 4 months for those applying from the outside UK, while the duration is 5 years for applicants applying from within the UK.
You can apply for a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa if you work in a qualifying field and have been endorsed as:
- a recognised leader (exceptional talent)
- an emerging leader (exceptional promise)
Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Migrant - Eligibility
Tier 1 Exceptional talent criteria have been relaxed for tech start ups to enable the most bright and talented tech professionals to set up in the UK. The application will need to be endorsed initially by Tech Nation, a company that assists the Home Office in assessing applications from Tech specialists. The advantage of applying for a Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa is that it enables a non-EEA migrant to come to the UK and work either in an employed position (the job does not need to be on the Shortage of Occupations list and there are no salary restrictions) or be self-employed. To qualify for a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) you will need to be endorsed either as a leader in your field or demonstrate exceptional promise. Exceptional talent application can be made if the Applicant specialises in one of the following disciplines:
- Digital Technology
- Science and engineering
- The arts, film and television
To get a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa, you need to be endorsed as a leader (exceptional talent) or emerging leader (exceptional promise). If you qualify, the route allows you to work and change employers, or to be self-employed, without the need for further authorisation or to be sponsored for employment in a specific post. There is no maximum limit on the time you can spend in the UK in this category.
How Can We Help?
- At Atlas Law Solicitors, we provide unsurpassed immigration services in an exceptionally professional and efficient manner.
- Many applicants face difficulties in understanding the application process or providing the required documentation.
- Our team can provide you with all the support and guidance you need to successfully acquire with your immigration matter. With our experienced solicitors, who believe in generating positive results for our clients, you have a better chance of a successful application.
For a free confidential discussion about your immigration matter, call us on 0203 875 0969 or fill in the form for a call back.
Free Initial Consultation
100% Confidentiality Guaranteed