Tier 1 Visa Applications UK
Tier 1 Visa Applications - What You Need to Know
Tier 1 Categories:
- Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa
- Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa
- Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
- Tier 1 Investor Visa
Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa:
The Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa is closed for new business applicants on the 29 March 2019 (although you can still apply for it if you have Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa). The one who are in the UK under Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa can continue with their stay under Tier 1 Entrepreneur category and will be able to apply for extension and ILR under Tier 1 Entrepreneur category. The Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa has been replaced by Innovator and Start Up Visa category.
UK Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa
The Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa category has been closed by the Home Office UKVI from 30 March 2019 for initial applications and has been replaced by Innovator visa category. Those who are already in the UK under Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa can continue with their stay under Tier 1 Entrepreneur category and will be able to apply for extension and ILR under Tier 1 Entrepreneur category.
- Extension/Renewal of Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa
- ILR As Tier 1 Entrepreneur
- ILR As Tier 1 Entrepreneur (Accelerated Route)
- Applications by PBS Dependents of Tier 1 Entrepreneur Migrant
Innovator and UK Start Up Visa – What You Need to Know
The Innovator visa category has replaced the previous Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa which has been closed for initial applications as of 29 March 2019. This category is now open for experienced business people.
General requirements for Innovator visa:
- You want to set up or ran a business in the UK
- The applicant must be at least 18 years old;
- Endorsement letter confirms available or prior investment of £50,000
- The applicant must pass the credibility assessment
- B2 English language ability is required
- Maintenance funds required for the Main Applicant are £945.
- You must prove that the you have an Endorsement by a relevant sponsor. The relevant endorsement body will assess your business idea and also carry out the credibility assessment so that the Home Office UKVI do not have to assess your credibility at the visa application stage. An organisation can only issue an endorsement if it is on the UKVI list of approved endorsement bodies.
What are the endorsement criteria?
Endorsement must be secured from an approved body. You must create a business plan when applying for endorsement. You must also provide along with other relevant supporting documentation to evidence that you satisfy the following innovator route requirements
- Innovation: The applicant has a genuine and actual business plan.
- Viability: The applicant has skills and market awareness to successfully run the business.
- Scalability: There is evidence of structured planning for job creation and growth into national markets.
Endorsement body have responsibility to inform the Home Office if, at these checkpoints, both of the following apply:
(1) The individual has not made reasonable progress with their original business venture
(2) The individual is not pursuing a new business venture that also meets the endorsement criteria set out in the immigration rules.
Tier 1 Exceptional Talent
The Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) category is mainly for exceptionally talented person in the field of digital technology, arts, engineering, science and humanities.
There are 2 stage for this application.
First the person has to be endorsed by the Home Office and
then second stage is to apply for visa after the endorsement. Under this category, individual needs to recognised at the highest level world leader.
Under this visa, you have to get a unique reference number from the UK Border agency. This stage must state the appropriate designated body.
The places are very limited under this category. You can apply for this visa only 3 months before you travel.
The visa fee for stage 1 endorsement is £287. You also have to pay Immigration Health Surcharges. If you are outside the UK, you can apply for 5 year and 4 months visa and if you are in the UK, then you can apply for 5 years. Once you have completed your 5 years, you can apply for settlement.
If you are in the UK and planning to switch your visa to Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa then you will be allowed to switch your visa only if you are Tier 1, Tier 2 or Tier 5 (Temporary Worker-Government Authorised Exchange) on an exchange scheme for sponsored researchers. You must leave the UK and make your application from overseas if you are in another category.
You can bring your family members (dependents) which includes your wife/husband and your children who are under the below the age of 18 years old. You and your dependent can choose to stay in the UK maximum up to 5 years. After the completion of 5 years in the UK under Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa, you and your dependent will be eligible for settlement.
Under this route of Tier 1 Exceptional Talent, once your settlement is granted, you can apply for British Citizenship.
Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur
You can apply for Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur Visa) if you are from the outside the UK and has been officially endorsed as having a credible and genuine business idea.
Under Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur category, you can stay in the UK for one year. Before your visa get expired, you can apply for another one year extension. You can bring your family members with you as a dependents.
For graduates of UK universities who are endorsed by their university or by the UK government’s UK Trade and Investment department. Limited to 1,900 places in 2015.
Our Immigration expert can assist you by making you familiar with the complex guidance and immigration rules for this category.
Please note that visa application must be submitted within 3 months of the endorsement being issues.
You can apply to switch from another visa to a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa if you are already in the UK as a student, Postgraduate doctor or dentist, Tier 4 (General visa holder) or Tier 2 (General) Migrant.
It is mandatory for an Applicant to meet the below requirements under the category of a Graduate Entrepreneur Visa:
The Applicant need to make sure that he/she apply for a Minimum bachelor’s degree from a UK higher education institution
The Applicant must meet the requirement of sufficient funds to support himself and any dependent.
The Applicant must meet the English Language Requirement under this route.
The Applicant must verify a valid business plan and assessment and endorsed by a UK higher level institute or Department for International Trade (DIT).
Tier 1 Investor Visa:
The Tier 1 (Investor) visa category applies to the applicant who wishes to invest £2 million or more in the UK. The applicant under this category can also apply for his family members, including spouse and children under the age of 18. Under this category, you will get visa for three years and four months and can then be extended for another two years, by providing evidence that an investment of at least £ 2 million was made in the UK
The length of time required to qualify for permanent residence depends on the amount of investment, as follows:
- The applicant can be eligible for indefinite leave to remain after 5 years in the UK if he invest £2 Million.
- If the applicant invest £5 million then he can apply indefinite leave to remain after 3 years in the UK.
The earliest you can apply for this visa is 3 months before you travel. The fee for this visa is £1,350 with Immigration Health Surcharges. Please note that you need to pay the same fee if you want to apply for further extension under the same category.
You can also use the super premium service for this visa to extend or apply. The fee for super premium service is £8,750 plus £2,030 which is one pay off.
Eligibility/Requirements for this Visa:
- you must be 18 or over;
- you must be able to provide some kind of evidence that the money belongs to you, your spouse or partner; you can also obtained this money from a business, will, a gift, Deeds of sale.
- You must have opened a UK bank account;
- your funds must be held in one or more regulated financial institutions; and
- your funds must be free to spend (‘disposable’) in the UK.
- There is no requirement of English language qualification.
- You will also need to provide an overseas Criminal Record Certificate from your country where you have resided in continuously for 12 months or more in the 10 years prior to your application since aged 18 years old issued by the overseas authority
Why Choose Us?
- At Atlas Law Solicitors, we provide unsurpassed immigration services in an exceptionally professional and efficient manner.
- Many applicants face difficulties in understanding the application process or providing the required documentation.
- Our team can provide you with all the support and guidance you need to successfully acquire with your immigration matter. With our experienced solicitors, who believe in generating positive results for our clients, you have a better chance of a successful application.
For a free confidential discussion about your immigration matter, call us on 0203 875 0969 or fill in the form for a call back.
Free Initial Consultation
100% Confidentiality Guaranteed