Principal Solicitor / Director
Kanchan has 12 years of Immigration and Family experience and has worked on a variety of complex family and Immigration cases, she believes in providing quality and clear legal advice.
She has built long-term relationships with clients which include very simple and can be very complex Family cases like Divorce, Financial Settlement and Family issues involved children. She has also experience in dealing with complex Immigration issues.
She cares about getting the right outcome for her Family and Immigration clients and she always works closely with each client to ensure that they achieve desired objectives.
She can offer Legal advice in Punjabi, Hindi and Urdu in addition to English.
Interests: Outside of work Kanchan enjoys Theatre, Opera, Jazz music and spending time with friends and family.
Kanchan has expertise in representing clients from a range of backgrounds in relation to a wide range of family matters including:
- Pre-nuptial / civil partnership agreements
- Post-nuptial / civil partnership agreements
- Cohabitant Land Dispute Procedure
- Parental Responsibility
- Any simple or complex issues related to matrimonial property
- Divorce and financial settlements
- Child arrangements
- Child Maintenance
- Domestic abuse
- Special Guardianship
- Any simple or complex issues related to children
- Child Arrangements Order – who a child lives with and how much time they spend with the other parent (previously known as custody/residence and access/contact)
- Shared Parenting Agreements
- Prohibited steps orders: preventing a parent from doing something
- Disputes about taking a child away for foreign travel/holidays
- Specific issue orders – requiring someone to do something